Volunteering with Elijah’s Promise
We are incredibly grateful to all of our wonderful volunteers who help us change lives!
Please take note of the following before your volunteer shift:
- We ask that all volunteers wear closed toed shoes as well as long pants for safety purposes.
- The health and safety of our clients and volunteers is our top priority. Should you be feeling ill at all we ask you to cancel your volunteer shift by emailing email@example.com.
- Please note that we do not honor court ordered service hours because of the legal obligations it requires and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- For the purposes of food safety, we ask all volunteers to wear masks at the Soup Kitchen.
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and anyone under 18 must come with a guardian.
- When signing up a minor, you must secure an individual volunteer slot for both the adult and child. Please expect to be on your feet for the entirety of your shift.
Thank you for your incredible support!
How to support Elijah’s Promise and community food security
Donations can be dropped off at 18 Neilson St between 8-12:30pm Mon-Sun including holidays. For donations of perishable foods or 100+ items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
All other donations, please do not call in advance. Below are items on our wishlist!
Chef Curtis’s Wishlist:
Industrial size cans of…
- Chick Peas
- Marinara Sauce
- Peas & Carrots
- Green Beans
- Watter Bottles
Please pack kits including travel size items of…
- Shaving Cream
- Soap / Shampoo + Hand Towel
- Water Bottles
Please bundle the following items…
- Disposable Fork
- Disposable Spoon
- Wrapped in Napkin
- Tied with String
- No knives please
Please prepare the following items on a disinfected surface while wearing gloves…
- Healthy Snack (Non-Perishable Fruit Cup, Granola Bar or Chips)
- Drink (Water Bottle)
- Sandwich (Deli meat with or without cheese)
Please do not seal snack packs so that our staff can add sandwiches and other items.
Packs of healthy and filling snacks such as…
- Fruit & Vegetable Pouches or Cups
- Fruit Snacks
- 100% Juice
- Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter To-Go Cups
Snack Pack Sample: